Sunday 8 August 2010

Bugs and Blooms

Although I am not feeling great today, thank you to The Man for sharing his bugs with me (gosh I must be feeling rough, that is going to end up as a truly bad pun!), I could not resist a quick visit to the garden with my faithful Fuji on Super Macro setting. Within a few feet of the backdoor I found the makings of some great shots (she says immodestly). I should add that most of the flowers, although not all, were grown my me from seed.

So what did I spot? Well here we are:






Hoverflies on Californian Poppies with Alyssum in background.



















This time without the Hoverfly, but a slightly different colour of Californian Poppy.







Alyssum in the foreground and background this time; I love taking photos with a very short depth of field, I'm not sure what it is about them, I think it might be the ability they have to make you look at what the real subject of the photo and not the clutter around it.








This time a different colour and fewer petals, but still a Californian Poppy.











And this is definitely my favourite colourway, there are so many subtle hues, from bright fuchsia through soft salmon pinks to yellows and creams.









Change of bug and floral focus. This time a classic 7-spot Ladybird on some Alyssum .






And again!






And a Hoverfly on Alyssum .








Now some alpine flowers, I am afraid these were bought from the local garden centre.





But they are pretty none the less.





Especially this one, I love the veining on the petals. And the flower heads are each only about half an inch across.

No comments: